Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

12.09.2004

US

Thanksgiving

My 3 siblings and my sisters daughter met up with my parents who are now in an assisted living house. The three of us: my brother N. my Sister J all meeting together for the first in about 35 years.
and at the same table at that.
My father feeling sick and my Mother placed at the front of the Table. I think that trying to aleviate some of the tension we snickered at Mother as the Matriarch however she had fallen asleep at the table mid meal.

So there we were the 3 of us.
My brother and I who had barely spoken to each other in about 20 years.
Together seated with secrets and memories that we all have of one another.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home