Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

12.11.2004

This Monday I am going to attend a gathering w/ Music. And a discussion with an Army National Guardsman who has gone AWOL. This all being organized by a local Anarchist Community.
Ironically I don't consider myself an Anarchist per se; however some of their ideas are very positive and thought provoking. Other than that I don't know where I am with this issue & am okay with sitting on this with a while.

Quite a number of years ago my Father had said that if her were younger he would have joined the Irish Repuplican Army. Looking back, that quite a strong statement from a man born and raised in the United Kingdom.

Thats my Father. A British World War2 Veteran who spent his time as a medic in the Middle East.- full of so many answers to un asked questions.
An Enigma sitting with late stage Dementia in an Assisted Living Facility.

Some of the hardest things that I have done lately has been to sit in my Father's room at the Center.
No longer able to control his bladder, in a room that permeates the air with an awful stench and pretending
that its odor is not there.

Dignity.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home