Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

12.16.2004

Christmas: Las Posadas 1966 (?)

I was perusing amongst some books that I got out of the Public Library. I was trying to study various religious approaches and relationships to the concept of "Light" & amongst the books I found one by various Latin American Authors on Christmas. One was just a short story one on the Posadas; A re-enactment of Joseph and Mary going searching for a warm place to stay the night.

I was thinking of the Homeless . Aren't they all our Joseph and Mary 's looking for a place to stay the night. Searching for the light in the darkness.
I must spend this Sunday working with Food not Bombs to assist them in a soup kitchen type of thing out at Legislative Plaza.

N. My brother took me down into New York City . That would make him about 16 or 17 & myself 8 or 9 yrs old. My brother was a teenage drug addict and dealer.
Las Posadas.
My brother feverishly digging thru a garbadge dump and in a drug induced haze excitedly finding a cabbage and a soup kitchen. The light in the darkness. I remember a soup kitchen. In from the Cold and the warm hot soup & N. singing Christmas Carols all the way back home in the Purple Dodge Dart.


Advent 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home