Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

3.14.2005

My Mothers Birthday:March 10

Daffodil Day !!
------------------------------------------

Prior to last Thursday I had recieved an e-mail from my brother regarding my mother's birthday. I'd suggested that he pick some daffodils from the garden and let be part of the day's present. In the mean time he informed me that my sister J. had arrived from Oregon.
and suggested that I come. -----------------------------

So I went.
I arrived just in time for the Birthday dinner as I tried to make it as much as a surprise as I could. My brother and sister had bought her 2 birthday cakes. Daddy did the " Black Panther " Salute after I had told my mother of attending an Angela Davis Speech at the University." He was more medicated than I had expected but was great for all the three of us adult children to sing her "Happy Birthday".

My brother N. --------------------------------------------
It is good that we spent a little more time together. I'm not sure what reconcilliation means.
but i say this, That some how i heal further than I thought possible every time we meet and that I see his pain and how it has effected his life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home