Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

12.22.2004

Christmas 2004 " What does Christmas mean to you"

"What Does Christmas Mean To You?"
placed on the front sign of the Church of the Nazerene

This last Saturday went to an christmas party with my Indian upstairs neighbors who have recently joined a more conservative Church. All the guests were from India with the exception of myself and I believe that many were also Hindu's. How exciting.. all these people that I have met over the years thru the apartment complex. Some now married.
I was asked to say the prayer before supper and began it with , " Dear Creator etc............."
The children were everywhere... Joy .... Joy.... and more Joy.

then on Sunday my next door neighbor invited me to his Christmas Party-
J. is Gay and his partner is a Cross-dresser. The Christmas Party was for the Cross-dresser support grp. I admit to being a little nervous as I've not been in a room of cross dressers before.
Was trying to think about what my fears were because whatever they were I simply found a pocket of humanity. Small talk of Cats, movies and the usual stuff individuals talk about at gatherings. Food was sumptous.

And What does Christmas mean to me? As a Christian Unitarian.
Newness. Celebration of the birth of : Jesus of Nazareth. What things am I giving birth to?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home