Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

4.18.2005

Kurdish National Day Celebration At The Park

Invited to the Regional Kurdish National Day Celebration this last Thursday and arrived on Saturday @ about 2:30pm I think.
So many people arriving. I'd known that there was a very large Kurdish population in our area but didn't know it was this big.
It was absolutely beautiful. Live music and singing. dancing.
and it was the dancing that moved me so.
it had started with alot of middle aged men dancing around in a circle holding hands and then
slowly more, more men of all ages and young boys and in just a little while the women joined.
Powerful, spiritual, lovely. Rhythmic- I don't think I've ever understood the concept of being a member of a tribe before. But I saw it here. Tribe.

I was there.

I' ve been thinking what Tribes am I a member of and how is the membership celebrated?
The tribe of women . It was such an amazement and affirmation to see women who looked a little like me in figurative ways. Here I saw round plump women with curves celebrated.

As a survivor of sadistic and ritualized abuse the last areas of recovery for me have been reclaiming myself back into to tribe of womanhood . There I was sitting amongst some women aquaintances talking and listening enoying the same shared language of the world that our hearts spoke with.

Physical Intimacy and Sexuality are the last areas that I feel disconnected from and essential to my full personhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home