Second Hand Smoke

This is a personal look into the 2nd hand effects of family,community,and historical Traumas especiall after 9/11 . The Journey is the Destination.

6.07.2005

My Barn Having Burnt to the ground . I can now see..............

Today the Demolition crew has completed taking down the burnt Apartment complex across from me & it does remind me of this Haiku. My Barn Having Burnt To The Ground I Can Now See The Moon.

I don't know who wrote it. Issha or Basho..? Basho is my favorite of the two. but never the less the new view is quite different and acually very nice in addition the eradication of the nasty looking burnt structure that stood only last week. It was like watching a visual metaphor come into likeness as I saw more into the distance each time a part was downed.

and of course there is so much more light..
I am a light fanatic of sorts. My living room has two large Windows- as I prefer lots of open space and light.

It stems from having been put down in the blackened basement over night with out the lights on. What could I have done to deserve being locked up in the basement ovenight. A child takes on the blame, but as an adult it takes some time to detach from all of the cobwebs to understand that there was no reason and even if there was one: its meaning existed only in the mind of the persons who put me down there.

so- I just decided that it was absolutely okay to always want open lighting in my adult spaces.


What does a Ritual Abuse Survivor Read?

There are two books that I have read: that I can say that I enjoyed and could relate to as a Ritual Abuse Survivor.

The first was : The Blindfold's Eyes: My Journey from Torture to Truthby Dianna Ortiz,
and the second was The Sparrow by MARY DORIA RUSSELL

both of these books are about Coming to turns with severe abuse ( torture) one is autobiograpical and the the later is science fiction and both in their own way look at how one
struggles with faith . I found the Blindfold's Eyes to be insightful,inspirational and Sparrow
the same . The sparrow looks at issues relating to recovery form severe sadistic abuse from the viewpoint of a Priest who was sexually abuse, prostituted and tortured.

Torture abolition and Survivors Support Coaltion International

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home